Welcome to HoA-REC&N
- localhost xampp, wamp or any Apache with PHP and MySQL server.
- Microsoft IIS.
- Livesite (preferably a sub-domain for testing).
- For Manual Installation, you need a full installation package for Joomla! 1.5 or Joomla! 1.7, so download here and don't forget about Joomla! requirements here.
The Quickstart Package consists on a complete Joomla! + Template + Various Extensions + Sample Content, excellent for beginner users to explore back-end settings and sample content. Installing the Quickstart is just like installing Joomla!, but you will have the full demo of the template on your server. Once your environment is ready, follow this quick guide:
- Localhost only: create a new folder in the htdocs folder for Xampp (www folder for Wamp). Example: my-website
- Unpack all files and folders of the Quickstart Package (qs_template-name_j15.zip or qs_template-name_j16.zip) into this newly created folder or upload them into your sub-domain folder on your live site.
- Open your favorite browser and type in the address bar localhost/my-website for localhost or sub-domain.my-live-site.com for your live site sub-domain, then hit Enter.
- Install Joomla! and remember to install the sample data.
- Watch this video tutorial on how to install Joomla! Click here!
Manual Installation refers to installing the template on your Joomla! powered website. This means you already have a website with content items, modules, various extensions, so you just decided you want to improve the design of your website. Please note that this template will require an additional extension called JA T3 Framework (details below). So here's what you have to do:
- Log-in to your Joomla! 1.5 or Joomla! 1.7 back-end (www.your-website.com/administrator).
- Go to Extensions menu at the top and click Install/Uninstall (Joomla! 1.5) or Extensions Manager (Joomla! 1.7).
- Click Browse (Joomla! 1.5) or Choose File (Joomla! 1.7) and find the provided installation file tpl_template_name_j15.zip (Joomla! 1.5) or tpl_template_name_j16.zip (Joomla! 1.7), then click the Open button.
- Click Upload File & Install (Joomla! 1.5) or Upload & Install (Joomla! 1.7). The template is now installed.
- Go to Extensions menu at the top and click Templates Manager.
- Select the newly installed template and click the Make default button in the top-right toolbar (Joomla! 1.7) or Default button (Joomla! 1.5).
- Check the front-end now. You will be noticed that the template will need the framework in order to work, so click here to download the T3 Framework 2.
- Go to front-end and check the new module positions. You will have to reassign your modules to the new positions of the template.
- Click here to watch a video tutorial on how to manually install the template, the T3 Framework Plug-in and JA Typo Plug-in.